Combo Boards are designed with the active beekeeper in mind. These high quality boards are made to last. Some features include:
* Pine and Douglas Fir bodies with redwood or cedar feet.
* All pieces are glued as well as screwed, nailed or stapled.
* The brillant white high-density polyethylene removable floorboards are easy to clean, longwearing and flexible. They are abrasion, impact, and chemical resistant. And easy to see mites.
* Easy to access from front or rear without taking your hive apart.
* Monitoring and trapping mites from rear does not disturb the bees and reduces the chances of being stung.
* Rear smoke hole is easy to use and makes your smoke more effective.
* Multi-functions allow you to choose your method of mite control.
* Complete control of ventilation. Total ventilation by removing the floorboard for mite control and increased brood population. Constricted ventilation for hive warmth by placing the floorboard on top of the screen (this is not for mite control or observation).
* Rear rain guard keeps the hive dry.
* The perfect board for using Powdered Sugar Dusting, a completely non-toxic procedure involving powdered sugar that we have had tremendous success with. Complete instructions are included and available here on our site.
* Facilitates use of most commercial mite controls. The Combo Bottom Board complements the use of the most mild form of chemical mite control, Apitstan®, and makes it more effective by allowing the mites that are merely stunned to fall below the screen where they are trapped.
* Available dipped and unfinished (special order).
We weather proof our boards by boiling them in a solution of paraffin and tree rosin and highly recommend this procedure for protection against the elements. Unfinished or paintable boards are available by special order. Please contact us for information. Whether you buy your screened bottom boards from us, buy them from someone else or make them yourselves, get a screened bottom board on your hive. Multi-function screened bottom boards are the most important piece of equipment in your IPM (Integrated Pest Management) program. Read a great article on why Here. If you are making screened bottom boards for your own use and NOT for resale, please feel free to use ideas from our site. We are currently in the Patent Pending stage of patent.
FRONT VIEW ____________________ REAR ACCESS VIEW Click for more pictures Its hard to tell from a picture, just how well built our Combo Board is.
Here we have side by side comparisons of other screen board that's are available.
REAR ACCESS VIEW
Its hard to tell from a picture, just how well built our Combo Board is. Here we have side by side comparisons of other screen board that's are available.